TudorEv had come over for the weekend and was really impressed with the transformation that had taken place in the garage. Continue reading Preparation #9
Last night Jan and I put the third and final coat of FloorShield down. We only did the exposed areas of the floor as these would get the highest level of traffic. Continue reading Final Floor Work
Had an email from Doug today saying that the car has gone into build. Disappointing that we are already a week behind… He also estimates about three further weeks for delivery.
This weekend I put the finishing touches to the bar stools although miscalculated the number of screws I needed for the mending plates. Cue another trip to B & Q. An early morning trip to the tip with yet more rubbish including all the cardboard packaging from the IKEA stuff and whiteboard. Continue reading Preparation #8
It’s finally arrived. This week (week 38) is the scheduled build week of the car. Now we start wondering how long build and delivery takes….
The first weekend where I had two whole days to focus on the workshop. Also some help in the form of my sister, who provided an invaluable extra pair of hands. We managed to complete everything that had been on my target list. The workbench was installed and promptly came immediately into use. Continue reading Preparation #7
I spoke to Doug today and he confirmed that the build schedule has not changed so the car should go into build next week. He indicated that delivery usually takes place 2-3 weeks later, provided there are no significant shortages in the build. We also discussed the access and whether there would be any issue with the gravel drive and I agreed to send him some photos so he can discuss with the delivery team.
This week I have really been seeing see how the space might work, I also turned my mind to how I was going to install a workbench and plus somewhere for reading the manual, internet searches and the all important tea making! Although there were some amazing benches from the likes of Draper or Machine Mart, the budget was only so big, so I settled on some IKEA Besta units and a length of kitchen worktop for the workbench. The tea making bar would be made from melamine faced chipboard to match the IKEA units. Having bought the requisite bits during the week, the weekend was spent finalising how they would all fit together and starting to fix them in place.